Volunteer at The Center
The Center Depends
on Volunteers Like You
The Center relies heavily on the skills of volunteers to provide the highest quality of services to our community and constituents.
We’re looking for people with:
- A great attitude
- Good communication skills
- Understanding and compassion
- Non-judgmental thinking
- Healthy boundaries
- Complete a short volunteer application
- Minimum age of 18 years old
- Weekly volunteers must pass a criminal background check
- Weekly volunteers sign ethics, confidentiality, and drug/alcohol agreements
- Be on the forefront of LGBTQIA activism in Southern Nevada
- Make new friends
- Access to exclusive volunteer-only training
- Volunteer benefits — incentive program
- Build job skills
The Center relies on volunteers who serve weekly in a variety of areas including:
Information & Referral Desk Specialists (front desk)
- The face and heart of The Center
- Serving in pairs, the front desk volunteers are the first point of contact for many visitors, callers, clients, and community members.
- Offer warm welcome and greetings to everyone.
- Connect people with programs and services or needed referrals
- 4-hour per week commitment
- Essential to the daily operations of The Center
- Light office duties such as data entry, phone calls, copying, mailing, preparation, typing, filing, etc.
- Flexible hours
Don’t have the time for a weekly commitment, but still want to be involved? The Center can still benefit from your skills and passion to help our community.
The Center holds several special community and fundraising events throughout the year that require additional volunteer assistance with staffing and planning. Volunteer activities are anything and everything that contribute to the smooth running of an event including:
- Set-up and breakdown
- Selling raffle tickets
Have a special skill that you would like to share with program participants? Consider conducting a 1-hour workshop or a series. The Center looks for experts to present engaging workshops that span the gamut from life skills to leisure-time activities. Past workshops have included:
- Cooking (series)
- Art (series)
- Know Your Rental Rights
- Financial literacy (series)
GROUP AND CORPORATE VOLUNTEERING
Looking for a fun team-building opportunity or a fun way to serve with your friends by your side? No matter the size, we can accommodate and find meaningful ways for you and your friends, co-workers, classmates, etc. to serve side-by-side.
Remote volunteering is a way to volunteer when you don’t have the time or flexibility to be on The Center premises during our open hours. Contact us as we may have projects that you can do from the comfort of your home.
See What's Happening
Explore our calendar to discover social and support groups, activities, opportunities for involvement, and cultural events.
Donate to The Center
We rely on generous contributions from supporters like you to maintain our free to no-cost community programming.
The Center relies on the generous dedication of its volunteers to help us provide free and low-cost services to our community.