The LGBTQ Center Re-opening Guidelines
The LGBTQ Community Center of Southern Nevada is announcing our reopening tomorrow, June 8th. Our operating hours for programming will be 10:00 – 7:00 PM, with limited hours on Saturday from 8:00 AM – 2:00 PM. The Wellness Clinic will reopen on June 29th, and we will make announcements regarding its safe reopening as the day draws closer.
We have been preparing for opening The Center in a manner that ensures the safety of our community, volunteers, and staff. The entire staff met Friday to make final preparations for opening and we are excited to see everyone as we work together to maintain the safety of our community.
The LGBTQIA+ community is particularly vulnerable to infection, health complications due to the virus, and are at a greater risk of economic vulnerabilities that could result in devastating life changes. Everyone at The Center is mindful of those risks and working to create safe access to services, programming, and the opportunity to socially connect within the guidelines of the CDC.
We have outlined guidelines, informed by OSHA, the CDC, and the needs of our community to provide a complete and timely return to services as efficiently as possible. We also recognize that many of the changes we make to protect the health of the community will likely continue for a long time.
The primary risk of contracting COVID-19 is close, prolonged contact with infected people. The guidelines below will outline our plan to minimize contact between individuals, while still providing services. When new infections occur, it is essential for the people affected to follow up with individuals they have been in contact with for testing and care.
Here are just some of the precautions we have taken to protect your safety:
- Physical distancing requirements will be practiced and enforced throughout The Center property
- Staff will be wearing face coverings in all common areas
- Our facilities team will work diligently throughout operating hours to clean and sterilize multiple times per day – focusing especially on areas of frequent touchpoints
- All visitors are asked, and highly encouraged, to wear face coverings for the foreseeable future
- Visitors to The Center will be assessed for signs of the COVID-19 virus
- Anyone with a fever, or other signs of the virus, will be asked to leave until it is safe to return
- Staff who have any signs of illness will not be permitted to work until it is safe to return
- Everyone entering the building must check-in at the front desk and will be directed on how to proceed through the building to maintain adequate distancing with pathways clearly marked
- Hand washing for at least 20 seconds will be strongly encouraged throughout the time visitors are on site
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the facility when hand washing is not an option
- Volunteers will be provided PPE for their protection and plexiglass will be installed at the front desk for volunteers working the reception area
- Computers in the CyberCenter will be available for limited use including every other computer
- Event hall meetings will be limited to 20 people or less for the phase one reopening
- The Jolt is open for counter, delivery, and pick up services, with limited tabling in The Center
- Staff and volunteers are being trained to effectively respond to any concerns while maintaining the respect, dignity, and safety of all involved
If you are a group leader and/or facilitator, please reach out to your contact at The Center, or call the front desk for assistance in relaunching your group – 702.733.9800
We look forward to welcoming you home to The Center when you feel comfortable returning.