QVolution is designed to meet the social, support, recreation, and development needs of LGBTQ+ and Ally youth ages 13 to 24. We’re working to prepare our youth for the world, and prepare the world for our youth!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Youth Group Activities
Tuesday and Thursday 4-7pm
in the Diana Bennett Youth Drop-in Center
Youth Activity Nights are support, educational and social spaces for LGBTQ and ally youth. Activities include: Discussion Nights, Group Games, Film Viewings, Origami, Calligraphy, Art Lessons, Social Justice Workshops, Cooking Classes, Financial Literacy, College/Trade School Readiness, Field Trips, and so much more! We also work in lots of free time to mingle and socialize and meet other LGBTQ youth. Check out the monthly Qvolution Calendar for the most up to date programming information.
Every Spring, Qvolution hosts an inclusive Prom for 13 to 24 year olds. At our Prom, youth can be their authentic selves, and bring who they want to as their date. LGBTQ youth have the opportunity to enjoy themselves in a safe environment, without fear of bullying or harassment. We never charge entrance for our prom, to ensure all youth have access.
Pride Family Skate Night
During Las Vegas Pride, The Center teams up with Pride and our community partners to offer Pride Family Skate Night, a fun night of skating and games for the whole family!
What would October be without dressing up and having a party? Youth Halloween features fun costume contests with prizes, music, dancing, and lots of food! Don’t miss the photo booth!
Thanksgiving can be a tough time for an LGBTQ youth, especially if they are not out, or have little family acceptance and approval. To that end, we offer a free Thanksgiving dinner every year in November for youth.
Comprehensive Sex Education
July, 11-14 from 1-3PM and July 25-28 from 1-3PM
Since 2014, The Center has offered no-cost Comprehensive Sex Education classes to Vegas-area teens 13-18. Each class teaches comprehensive sex education with LGBTQIA2 inclusion. Young people will learn about communication, protection, contracepcion, consent, abstinence and making healthy choices.
Join us for our upcoming Sex-Ed Summer School! Classes will be held Tuesday, July, 11-14th from 1-3PM and July 25th-28th from 1-3PM. Classes are for youth ages 13-19 and will be held in our Youth Drop-in Center. Youth that complete the entire 4 day course will receive two unrestricted movie tickets to Regal Cinemas and a Subway Gift Card. Please contact AJ Huth at 702-802-5406 or email at email@example.com to register. Please register by July 7th to ensure enrollment!
College/Trade School Readiness
In our mission to empower LGBTQ youth for the future, we recognize that higher education can have many different meanings.
Our six-week Access to Higher Education project offers individual support to youth that wish to go the college route. One of our Higher Education Specialists provides each young person with an individual assessment to give them the tools they need to find the school that is right for them. We do this by helping with analyzing transcripts, planning for remaining high school goals, touring several local colleges, providing support with applications and pre-test requirement (ie:SAT’s) and more.
A few of the topics covered include:
- Why Higher Education?
- How to Gain Entry for College
- Assessment of Grade Levels and Preparation
- Courses that Matter for College
- How to Apply for College
Here are a few outcomes of the Access to Higher Education project:
- 30 youth participated in the initial 6 weeks program.
- 19 youth attended a workshop on planning for their academic and professional future.
- 12 students attended the campus tour of UNLV. Students had the opportunity to learn about the admissions process and how to be competitive. The students received a campus tour, interacted with members of the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Questioning college campus student organization Spectrum and also attended a graduate seminar that focuses on preparing the next generation of student affairs leaders.
- All of the seniors that The Center paid for their undergraduate college applications gained admissions into one or more colleges/universities. All of the students are the first in their family to pursue post-secondary education; some are the first to graduate from high school.
- To illustrate the impact of the program, three of the high school seniors received high ACT scores: One student received a perfect score on his national standard exam, another received a 32, and the third received a 23 on his exam.
- Six seniors applied and were subsequently admitted to multiple in-state and out-of-state schools.
- Several of the high school students received higher grades as a result of developing stronger academic goals and addressing some of their personal and familial circumstances with the Higher Education Specialist.
If college isn’t the right fit for you, The Center and QVolution partner with the community to provide opportunities in alternative education. Quarterly we have workshops with community partners to offer information on careers in Culinary, IT, Customer Service, etc. We also work with several organizations that have job placement programs and internships.
Annually, The Imperial Royal Sovereign Court of the Desert Empire Inc. offers a scholarship opportunity for the youth of QVolution. Additionally, we partner with Cox Communications and their Diversity Scholarship. Young people that are interested are encouraged to fill out an application when the scholarship is released.
Social CirKish, generously funded by the John C. Kish Foundation, is a series of free circus skills classes — juggling, clowning, high wire, acrobats and more — for youth ages 10 to 19.
Sign up by emailing Shannon Pates Xhola
To learn more about the program,
See What's Happening
Explore our calendar to discover social and support groups, activities, opportunities for involvement, and cultural events.
Donate to The Center
We rely on generous contributions from supporters like you to maintain our free to no-cost community programming.
The Center relies on the generous dedication of its volunteers to help us provide free and low-cost services to our community.